The Funds are managed by a Board of Trustees, who appoints a
Principal Executive Officer. Together with the support staff, the Principal Executive Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Funds run smoothly on a daily basis.
The Trustees are responsible for all the decisions made on the Funds. Their obligations include ensuring that members' and beneficiaries' interests are prioritised at all times.
All board members are
suitably qualified individuals. They also have access to retirement industry experts and specialists whenever additional guidance is required. The Trustees meet regularly to discuss investments, benefits and administrative matters.
The Board comprises eight Trustees:
The Board Members (Trustees) of the Funds are:
David Morris - Independent Trustee
David was appointed in July 2018.
David's experience comprises of:
- 18 years’ experience in structured investment products
- 4 years’ experience in retirement fund trustee education
- Independent trustee and chairperson of a beneficiary fund
Martin Kuscus - Independent Trustee
Martin was appointed in February 2016.
Martin's experience comprises of:
- Over the last 25 years he distinguished himself in quite a few high profile positions he occupied in government as well as the corporate world at both local and international level.
- Has experience on the boards of other retirement funds.
- Former CEO of the South African Bureau of Standards.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Diploma in Nursing
Duduza Khosana - Independent Trustee
Duduza was appointed in July 2018.
Duduza's experience comprises of:
- 20 years' experience in the Financial Services Industry, having operated in Corporate Client Management, New Business Development and Implementation, Executive Business Leadership in the Retirement Funds & Healthcare Industries, and in Corporate Banking
- Independent Trustee on Boards in the Retirement Funds Industry
- Curator for Medical Schemes
- Former Executive Principal Officer & CEO for an open self-administered Medical Scheme
- Post Graduate Executive Leadership Development Programme (Advanced Certificate in Company Leadership)
- B.Com Degree
- Post Graduate Diploma: Financial Planning
Eva Kekana - Independent Trustee
Eva was appointed in July 2019.
Eva's experience comprises of:
- 6 years' experience as Retirement Fund Trustee
- 5 years' experience as Beneficiary Fund Trustee
Leon Bhima - Head Operational Risk
Leon was appointed 01 July 2020.
Leon's experience comprises:
- Head Operational Risk: Client and Adviser Experience (CAE) & Liberty Corporate
- Head of Risk, BCM, AML and Compliance (Liberty Corporate)
- 15 years' in the Financial Services Industry
- 15 years' in Risk Management
- 5 years' experience as board member of NGO
- Leon has worked in various risk, control, compliance and governance roles across financial services, reporting and general management.
Nalen Naidoo - Sponsor Trustee
Nalen was appointed in February 2019.
Nalen's experience comprises of:
- Divisional Executive in the Retail Solutions area
- Nalen has worked in various Life Insurance and General Insurance roles across financial management and reporting, capital and reinsurance management, enterprise risk management, actuarial job family development, product management and general management in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States and Singapore.
- Fellow of the Faculty and Institute of Actuaries and Fellow of the Actuarial Society of South Africa – admitted in 2007 (exams completed by December 2006)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science - University of Cape Town (2005 - 2006)
- Bachelor of Business Science (Actuarial Science) with Distinction in Statistics - University of Cape Town (2001 - 2004)
Michael Clifford - Sponsor Trustee
Michael was appointed in March 2016.
Michael's experience comprises:
- 26 years' experience in employee benefits
- Deep understanding of the business having filled management roles in administration, training, marketing, customer relationship management and customer experience
- He sits on a number of retirement funds
- He has more than 9 year experience as a Trustee
Michael Norris - Sponsor Trustee
Michael was appointed on May 2017.
Michael's experience comprises of:
- 16 years' in the life insurance industry
- Being on the boards of other retirement and medical aid funds
- Being a Chief Financial Officer for Liberty Corporate
- Chartered Accountant (South Africa)
Roger Spence - Principal Executive Officer
Roger has over 30 years' experience spanning across employee benefits, remuneration practices and the retirement fund industry.
- Professional Principal Executive Officer
- IISA Programme in Retirement Fund Management
- Global Remuneration Professional (GRP ®)
- Certificate in Pension Funds Law
- Certified Pension Specialist (CPS™)