Back Back

Divorce orders

​​​Legislation now makes provision for a member’s Fund Value to be shared in the event of divorce. However, many problems arise from incomplete divorce orders.

Firstly, if a divorce order or decree for the dissolution of a customary marriage is made against your retirement fund benefits, a certified copy of the order must be sent immediately to the administrators of the Funds. Provided the divorce order contains the required information, the Funds will pay accordingly. The Funds can then notify both parties how much will be paid and to whom.

To ensure that the benefit can be paid from the Funds to your ex-spouse, you should ensure that the divorce order contain the following:



Related Items